Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Humid, No Wind

A large Barrel Cactus that may survive the February cold snap
This morning the desert was hot and humid.  The natural evaporative cooling I spoke about a few days ago was noticeably absent because there was no wind, not even a breeze.  Years ago I returned to my native Ohio in August to visit with my mother.  One day when we were walking around the city's largest park the temperature was 90 degrees with 90% humidity.  Perspiration was flowing out of my arms.  After so many years living in the desert it's hard to imagine surviving those conditions back in the Midwest.
A hiker eager to keep moving

Chihuahuan Desert scene


Still no leaves on the Ocotillos


1 comment:

Dr. K said...

As people like to say, it's a dry heat.

Trio and then Solo

Very early moon The three of us did an early morning hike on our usual route, but the cold wind kept us from adding any extra distance.  We ...