Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday Walkabout

Through the arroyo and onto the mesa
We saw a few other hikers and joggers on our walkabout, and we talked to Jimmy for about fifteen minutes.  We talked mostly politics--something I really hate to do while enjoying nature.  Sometimes the natural-made world and the human-centered world seem barely to coexist.  Nature proves to me that there is a superior force in the universe.  The human species often seems to me to be one of that force's inferior creations. And yet, human beings can often do wonderous things.
Old-timer Ocotillo


The Franklin Mountains near El Paso


Don't bother me while I'm resting

What the hell's in that Yucca?

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love the photo of Becca and the yucca.

Views from the Grand View

Sacramentos We did the Grand View Trail this morning, surprised that nobody else was there on a Sunday morning.  We hiked the entire first l...