Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Buds and My Buddy

Desert Broom starting to bloom
The woman on the mountain bike--whose tan dog greeted Becca with no animosity--said to me, "Have you seen a beagle around?"  When I said I hadn't, she said, "Well, I'm not worried--he'll catch up."  But then, while Becca and I were bushwhacking in the outback, we heard her whistling loudly for her beagle.  We've seen the beagle from a distance once before, hot on the trail of some desert critter.  I think it highly irresponsible of this woman to not monitor her dog more closely.  I worry about the dog as well as the desert animals it chases.
Eager canine

Soaptree Yuccas in a swale


Respite

Yucca in bloom, Organ Mountains in the background

The buds of an Ocotillo

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I hope she found her dog. I really like the photo of the ocotillo buds. I'm glad the ocotillo are blooming.

Trio and then Solo

Very early moon The three of us did an early morning hike on our usual route, but the cold wind kept us from adding any extra distance.  We ...