Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Home Boy

A true watchdog
Because I had an early-morning appointment for a teeth cleaning Dr. K took Becca on a morning jaunt west of Tortugas Mountain.  So in keeping with my every-day posting on the blog I thought I'd put up some photos from around our hacienda.  That lattice panel was torn down by a strong wind, and I've already had some difficulties in trying to replace it.  Did you know that Home Depot doesn't cut wood for customers any longer?  I'll have to buy a 4' X 8' panel and cut it myself.  A friend told me that Home Depot and Lowe's don't provide that service because of insurance concerns.
How difficult will this be for me to repair?

Desert Willow (Chilopsis linearis)

Desert Willow flowers


Add caption

Walking Stick Cholla

The Hedgehog Cactus Caroline gave us

I'm going to have to trim back this Cholla even more

Our Ocotillo (center) is still leafy

3 comments:

Scott said...

Nice xeriscape, Dr. K and Packrat.

packrat said...

Thanks, Scott.

:)

Dr. K said...

The rabbits love to eat the desert willow flowers.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...