Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, May 6, 2016

Cooling Things Down

Late-blooming Claret Cup Cactus
The blog post title refers to the work I had do upon returning home from a morning hike in the northern Chihuahuan Desert, a moderately-long trek Becca and I took west of Tortugas Mountain.  It was less windy, but hotter out, which was great incentive for me to hurry home and get our evaporative cooler prepped for operation in the coming 90-degree temperatures.  I didn't have much trouble tuning up the cooler, but I did have to make a quick trip to Home Depot to buy a new float for the water reservoir.  We now have water-cooled air streaming through our house as I write this.
Soaptree Yucca flower stalks

Tracking down flies

New Mexico Evening Primrose

Not sure what this expression means

Incoming

Soaptree Yucca flowers

Rough Menodora

Mexican Bird of Paradise

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

When the evaporative cooler is turned on, I know that summer is here.

Lengthy Bushwhack

1st 2:  Cactus Wren We decided while descending LDR-A arroyo this morning that we'd add distance by crossing the Tellbrook Arroyo and he...