Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, July 22, 2016

Sick Day

Quail at the waterhole
I was simply too sick to get out of bed this morning to take Becca on our morning trek, so Dr. K took her for a jaunt west of Tortugas Mountain.  I usually get up at 5 a.m., but I didn't roll out of bed until 7:30.  Now (9:15) I feel like going back to lie down.  The best I can do for the blog is to post a few pictures from around our hacienda.
Hummingbird clinging to Red Yucca branch while sampling nectar

Cooling off after a desert hike with Dr. K

Little Desert Cottontail in our yard

Different Cottontail on a railroad tie in our yard

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

That's a cute cottontail! I'm glad you're taking care of yourself, Packrat.

Scott said...

I hope you feel better soon, Packrat. It's so weird to get sick like this in the summer.

Views from the Grand View

Sacramentos We did the Grand View Trail this morning, surprised that nobody else was there on a Sunday morning.  We hiked the entire first l...