Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Why Head for the Mountains?

Stingleaf
Becca and I did a slightly shorter hike this morning so we could return home early, finish packing and head to the high country with Dr. K.  We're up in the Sacramento Mountains now waiting to see how much longer until the rain begins.  Our rain gauge tells us we had 4.25" since last we were here three weeks ago.  The amount of yard work to be done is somewhat discouraging.  My only hope is it rains enough to prevent me from getting around to the work.
Doña Ana Mountains

Stingleaf again

A bouquet of Woolly Paperflowers

Any ID ideas?

Haven't been able to ID this beetle yet

Organ Mountains

Becca's loving the cooler weather

Scene west of the mountain

Cactus Wren

Same Cactus Wren

Artsy-fartsy Ocotillos

Gang of toughs on the trail ahead

Weather conditions for all of our hike

Don't know if you can tell how green it is



Light blush

Heavy cloud cover

Becca in the upper foothills

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

The photo of the three doves on the ocotillo branch made me laugh. They look like such characters.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...