Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Hike Then Shop

Gully just west of Tortugas Mountain
Becca and I did a hike of average duration this morning, and although we saw a few people on and about the mountain we ran into nobody--just the way we like it (unless it's our pal, Jimmy).  When we returned, and after I'd showered, I had to make the weekly trip to Albertsons to do some grocery shopping.  I also hit Target to pick up a few items, which I scanned and paid for at the self-service checkout.  As I've said in the past I don't mind going through the self-service aisle if I have only a small number of goods, but I'll be darned if I'm going to do all the work an employee should do.
Happiest hiker

I say "Say's Phoebe"

Say's Phoebe

Cactus Wren (Campylorhynchus brunneicapillus)

The Cactus Wren is the largest wren in the United States

Same wren

Same wren

Different Cactus Wren

An odd pose

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Those birds always make the most of the ocotillo branches; it doesn't matter if the branches are bare or leafed out.

Trio and then Solo

Very early moon The three of us did an early morning hike on our usual route, but the cold wind kept us from adding any extra distance.  We ...