Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Chillier Morn

Sky at start
It was 37F when I got Becca into the RAV4 for our trip to Tortugas this morning, but because the wind was blowing fairly strongly I had to go back into the house to get gloves.  Good thing, too--I had to wear them for about a quarter of our trek.  Then the sun came out and the wind died down.  About halfway through our hike, when we were in the outback west of the mountain, I had to stop to take my vest off.  From then on I needed only my long-sleeve shirt beneath my Marmot PreCip jacket, pit zips unzipped.  As we headed back in after an extended outing we crossed paths with a woman hiking with her dog.  A short time later I waved to a guy with a dog.  Those were the only outdoor enthusiasts we saw this morning.
Heading up a ridge

Lone yucca on a ridge west of the mountain

Becca on the ridge line

A trail up the mountain

Part of Las Cruces, New Mexico

Las Cruces trees and Magdalena Peak in the background

Road to the mountains

Shortcut between two dirt roads

Clouds over the mountains

Cactus Wren on a Torrey Yucca

More distant view of the mountains

Closer in to Tortugas

Becca at work

Heading north by northwest

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the caption "Becca at Work"--she has a job to do every morning--hike--and she does it very well.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...