Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Hotter, But Drier

What's it all about?
It was quite hot this morning when Becca and I set off on an early trek, but the humidity was noticeably lower and there was a persistent breeze.  The breeze disappeared pretty quickly, however, making for an uncomfortable hike.  I did trim the excursion down to about an hour, though, because neither one of us seemed to be enjoying the outing very much.  There were other people on and about the mountain as well, hikers, bikers and runners from one of the local high school track teams.  Concerning the latter all I can say is "I wouldn't want to be one of them."
Black-throated Sparrow

Morning, Chihuahuan Desert

Flora along the ridge

West of Tortugas

Deep arroyo just west of the mountain

Too hot to bushwhack

Upper foothills trail

Sitting on desert plants not recommended

White-winged Doves and the Tortugas Mountain Observatory

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the photo you captioned "Morning Chihuahuan Desert."

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...