Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Scenes Along the Grand View

In the forest during Becca's morning constitutional
Dr. K, Becca and I did a leisurely hike on the Grand View Trail this morning under a brilliant blue sky and bright sunshine; it was windy, though.  The wind put a slight chill in the air, but we were dressed appropriately.  We ran into no other outdoor enthusiasts during our trek, and, of course, I took many photographs of the sights along the way.

When we got back to the cabin there was yard work to do, and we did quite a bit; I stopped because the lithium battery on the lawnmower ran out of juice after about an hour.  I decided to put off the rest of the work for another day--probably Friday.

It is incredibly windy in the Sacramento Mountains now, and I hope it will let up soon rather than howling through the night.
This morning's moon

Looking for critters

Near the steep bend in our road

By the pumphouse

Artsy

For the first time I noticed this observatory has several domes

Haynes Canyon

This and the next 2:  Prickly Rose



What's taking you?

I think this might be Tall Yellow Evening Primrose

Oenothera Longissima

Lower strata fracturing under pressure?

The only shot I got of the hummer, and this is it

Sotol with new stalk

Becca leading the way on this Rails-to-Trails track

Another Sotol with new flower stalk

Top of a Sotol flower stalk

Hedgehog Cactus growing in rock

Sotols with new flower stalks

Mountain Rose

Indian Paintbrush

Break time

Grand View Trail

White Sands National Monument

Prickly Pear blossoms

This and the next:  Fendler's Globemallow


Finishing up the hike

Heading back to the trailhead

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Beautiful photos of the Grand View Trail, Packrat. I especially like the one with the hummingbird in flight.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...