Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, October 30, 2021

Changing Course

Geranium
As Willow, Frio and I were hiking along the upper flatland road, planning on descending LDR-A to the Tellbrook Arroyo, a guy in a grey pickup with a white dog hanging out the back headed down LDR.  We've seen this man before; he parks in the arroyo and lets his dog run free.  Not wanting to encounter them I decided to take the Heelers across Tellbrook Road in order to do a trek on the south side.

We followed that dirt road to the minor road that leads down to the new arroyo we've explored a few times recently.  Once in the arroyo we descended for a good bit before turning around.  Had the Heelers not been pulling my arms out of their shoulder sockets I might have extended the hike because the weather was beautiful, but I couldn't take the extra exertion of holding them back for an extended distance.  Not sure why they were so revved up today, but I had little patience for their shenanigans.

We crossed Tellbrook Road and headed back the way we'd come, noticing on the way (at least I did) that the guy and dog in the pickup were gone.

This & next:  hills west of the Organ Mountains



Long view to the southwest

This & next:  looking south at rolling hills


Frio and Willow

Our CR-V

This & next:  Soaptree Yuccas


Heelers in new arroyo

Exploring the new arroyo

This & next:  Soaptree Yuccas


Ocotillos and Organs

Tortugas and the Organ Mountains

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love both of those photos of the rolling hills.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...