Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Alternating Temps

Headed down LDR-A arroyo
It was a cold 29F when we started our trek this morning.  I already had donned an ear band, but I put my gloves on almost as soon as we got going.  Because it was partly cloudy a weird alternating temperature phenomenon was in effect, conditions feeling colder and warmer depending on whether the sun was shining or not.

About midway through the hike I took my gloves off, but almost immediately wanted to put them back on; the same with the ear band.  I finally just left them off as we trekked up Right Branch Arroyo on the final leg of our hike.

Heelers were relatively well behaved today, getting used to their new Kurgo harnesses on this their second day of wearing them.

This & next 2:  Organ Mountains



Puffy clouds

View west

Willow and Frio in Right Branch Arroyo

Looking back down the right branch

View from the upper flatland road

Organ Mountains

Still hanging on in late January

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Spectacular clouds this morning. I especially like the photo where you were looking back from the right branch arroyo.

The Wilster and Me

Organ Mountains from Baylor Canyon Road We had to wait for a plumber from Sun City Plumbing to change out the hose bib next to the garage; f...