Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, August 12, 2022

Bloomers

First 2:  Ocotillos and cloudy sky
Before we left for our hike this morning I downloaded the county's "No Throw," anti-illegal dumping app in order to report the dump at the head of LDR-A.  When we started our trek I took a photo of the dump and sent it and our GPS position to the county.

We did a nice, usual hike in semi-pleasant weather conditions--partly cloudy skies, breeze, but high humidity--and, much to our delight, we discovered flowers and cacti in bloom.  They're pictured here.

At home I discovered that the county codes department had called me to get directions to the dump--which I had provided to a woman at dispatch yesterday--and I explained that I'd also sent a photo and GPS info to their "No Throw" website.  A supervisor told me the person who was responsible for that division was no longer employed there, and they had nobody to read the information; they were trying to hire somebody for the position.


Desert Marigold

This & next:  Fishhook Barrel Cactus


This & next:  Willow and Frio in the right branch


The rest:  Nipple Beehive Cactus (Coryphantha macromeris)







 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

What gorgeous photos of the Nipple Beehive cactus flowers. My favorite one is the second-to-the last image that you posted.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...