Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, August 19, 2011

Another Night of Rain . . .

Bank of low clouds on the western horizon
made for a damned humid hike this morning, with not a breath of breeze to stimulate good evaporative cooling.  We ran into seven ROTC cadets and a drill sergeant from the local university who were hiking on the foothills trail.  The drill sergeant said to me, loudly, "Good morning, Sir." "Good morning," I said.  Then the seven cadets, in unison, said, "Good morning, Sir."  It made me chuckle.  Becca could only scratch her head and wonder what it was all about. 
Kiss my butt (did I say that out loud?)

The results of good rains

2 comments:

Scott said...

So much greener...

Dr. K said...

Funny story about the ROTC cadets.

Moonday Hike

Morning moon We got a really early start this morning, and the weather was quite cooperative:  56F at the beginning of the trek with only a ...