Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Indian Summer Heatwave

Spent seed pods of the Soaptree Yucca (top right one has a face looking left)
It seemed pretty cool when Becca and I started off this morning (60F), but as soon as we broke out of the shadow of Tortugas Mountain things began heating up rapidly.  We're supposed to get close to 90F today, well above average for this time of year.  There seems to be quite a bit of humidity in the atmosphere, too, because now, in the early afternoon, our swamp cooler isn't working as efficiently as it usually does when the dewpoint is low.  Oh well--Becca and I had a good trek nevertheless.
Exploring territory just west of Tortugas Mountain

Heading into an arroyo

Peeking over the arroyo bank

Back down into a narrow section

The arroyo widens out here

Enjoying the spotlight

I suppose this could be a type of Broomrape

An experiment with form

Desert west of the mountain

Palafox

Who do we see here?

Study in silhouette

Barely noticed the jet contrails in the background

If only I could fly like that

I've got to give it a shot

But I'd better fuel up first

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Nice to see what's going on in the mind of a hummingbird.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...