Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, October 10, 2016

Overnight Rain

What's that expression?
Never heard the rain during the night, but Becca woke me up several times because she heard thunder; I heard it too then.  It sounded pretty distant so I didn't think we'd gotten any precipitation.  But the desert was wet this morning, and it was extremely humid when the Beckster and I hit the trail west of Tortugas Mountain.  Nonetheless, we had a nice, long hike during which I took some photos of interesting things.
Desert Palafox

Looking for a business opportunity

Desert Marigold

I'm guessing it's an abandoned Cactus Wren nest

Maybe an Orange Sulfur on a Trailing Four O'Clock flower

Cevallia sinuata (aka "Stingleaf" or "Stinging Serpent")

A flycatcher (I'm guessing Say's Phoebe)

Queen of the hill

Mountain bikers have slowly been repairing the single-track

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

That cactus wren nest looks so precarious between those two ocotillo branches, but I'm sure it's pretty secure. Those birds know what they're doing.

Hike First Shop Later

1st 2:  Western Kingbird ( Tyrannus verticalis) Regular hike for Dr. K, Willow and me this morning.  We saw a Western Kingbird, a Swainson&#...