Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, November 16, 2017

A Stray

Chopper
When Becca and I arrived at the Sunset Area of the Tortugas Mountain Trails system early this morning there was a man trying to coax a small black dog to come to him.  A woman was standing nearby.  When Becca and I approached, the dog came right over to her, and they greeted each other in doggy fashion.  The guy said the black dog was a stray who had been up on the mountain earlier; the woman had called animal control to get the dog.  The three of us expressed our reservations about having to rely on animal control, but none of us could take the dog, nor did it seem likely that the dog would cooperate with any of us.  Because I had an early appointment to take my RAV4 over to Bogart's, Becca and I had to get going.  On our final leg we ran into the woman who was walking her dog.  She said that even though she'd called animal control twice nobody had shown up, and the little black dog had run off again.  She and I stood for a while lamenting the poor little dog's fate while Becca and her dog got to know one another. 
Becca on the western flank

New Soaptree Yucca heads from an old timer

Working on the mountain road

We've run across these "kachina" yuccas in the past

Would you say these Ocotillo leaves are chartreuse?

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I hope so much that the little stray dog is reunited with its guardian.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...