Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Under the Knife

One trail up the mountain's west side
My most faithful hiking companion couldn't accompany me on this morning' trek because she was at the Arroyo Veterinary Clinic being prepped for surgery to remove several growths from her mouth, one located on her tongue.  I got a call at 10:52 from the clinic while I was shopping at Albertsons saying that Becca was out of surgery and waking up nicely, and that we could pick her up between 4:30 and 5:00.  The growths will be sent in for analysis, so we'll have more anxious moments waiting for the results.  I'll have to ask when we pick the Beckster up whether she'll be okay to do a short hike tomorrow.  I'm so used to trekking with my intrepid companion that it seems lonely hiking in the desert by myself; and I ran into nobody out there this morning.
Kermit the Frog?  No

Part of an upper-elevation cactus garden

Lone yucca on the rugged western face

Road around the mountain

Giant rodent or a partly dead Soaptree Yucca?

I see aliens

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

It seems so strange to not have a photo or two or three of Becca. Hopefully tomorrow she might be ready for a short walk in the desert.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...