Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Shorter Trek

First three images:  Velvety Nerisyrenia
My intention this morning was to keep our hike significantly shorter than the one we did yesterday because I noticed Becca had a slight limp by the time we finished.  I gave her Rimadyl last night and this morning, and I'll probably give her two more half-dose chews tonight and tomorrow morning.  She seemed good after today's shorter trek.  After we finished I drove with her over to PetSmart to buy wet and dry dog food as well as some mini-treats; the latter are a few calories each, but I have to avoid giving them too liberally to her despite her demands.


Spectacle Pod in front of Cow Tongue Prickly Pear

Why it's called "Spectacle Pod"

Becca enjoying a cool morning hike

The weather was like this for the duration of our trek

Chihuahuan Desert flora

What's a Canadian lager doing in the northern Chihuahuan Desert?

Loggerhead Shrike (Lanius ludovicianus)

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

It was a cloudy and (later on) very windy day today, but your photos show that the desert is still beautiful.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...