Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Digitization

Well-traveled road
As we were trekking this morning I was thinking about the time--not so long ago--when I'd carry a Nikon SLR camera with me everywhere I hiked, even on repeated backpacking trips into the Grand Canyon.  I still have that camera, which weighs as much as a bowling ball (slight hyperbole).  I really appreciate the technology that allows me to carry a 10 megapixel FujiFilm camera on our desert peregrinations and lets me take as many photographs as I want without worrying about having to get film developed.
At the base of the Sierra Juarenses mountains in Mexico: a hot-air inversion

Looking back on the road . . .

. . . Becca is headed the other way on

Jet above the Organs

This Roadrunner knows how to dress in camouflage

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

With those film cameras, you had to be careful to not take too many photos because it would cost to buy film and get it developed. It's much better now!

Early Early Hike

Old Soaptree Yucca seed pod Because I had a 10 a.m. doctor's appointment today Dr. K, Willow and I got a very early start on our trek:  ...