Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, October 8, 2018

Cold Fingers

Early start
Becca and I got a fairly early start on our morning hike west of Tortugas Mountain.  It was 51F with a light wind that made it feel even chillier.  For the first time in months my fingers actually were cold, and I had to put my hands in my pockets.  I wore a long-sleeve hiking shirt, so my upper body stayed warm.  If my trunk is warm I can wear hiking shorts well into the winter months, which I did today.  Becca wore her regular coat of fur, and she definitely was enjoying the cooler weather.  She very much appreciated this morning's longer trek.
Becca checking to see if others are out

Bushwhacking across the desert floor

Sandy section just west of the mountain

Intrepid hiker

West to distant mountains

Potrillo Mountains across the Mesilla Valley

Potrillos

Tortugas Mountain Observatory

Sky really clouding up to the south

Picacho and environs

Picacho Peak

Organs

This is what's happening to Ocotillo leaves

What's got her on alert?

An odd Barrel Cactus, alive on top, dead on bottom

Flank of Tortugas and the Organ Mountains

Doña Anas

Part of Las Cruces and the Robledos

One trail up the mountain

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love the photo "Bushwhacking Across the Desert Floor."

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...