Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Have Camera Will Travel

On the flank trail
Yesterday, because of some chaos at the house when landscapers showed up early, I left for a hike without my camera; I've only done that a few times in the past.  No worries, though, because I took an extra-long trek with camera in hand this morning.

It was a strangely overcast day in the northern Chihuahuan Desert, not particularly cold, but with a noticeable amount of humidity.  I believe it could rain later this afternoon.  The light was interesting for photography and I managed to take 77 images, some of which appear here.

There were only a few other outdoor enthusiasts on and about the mountain, and I ran into no one.  I didn't even see many denizens of the desert except for a few rabbits and one industrious Ladder-backed Woodpecker who seemed oblivious to my presence.
The long view

This and the next:  a little over a mile in


This and the next:  something of a washboard sky


Hilly desert

This and the next:  desert sands


Road south

Volcanic dome?

Look at the swirling sky

Torrey Yuccas

Starting some major bushwhacking

Tortugas and the Organs

Distant sun over an arroyo

Who's that in the yucca?

Why it's a Ladder-backed Woodpecker

"You got a problem with that?"

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the first of the photos that you call "desert sands."

Views from the Grand View

Sacramentos We did the Grand View Trail this morning, surprised that nobody else was there on a Sunday morning.  We hiked the entire first l...