Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Another Day Off

This and the next:  Climbing Milkweed on Creosote Bush
All photos here are from our property.  I had to take another day off today, cancelling our usual Sunday morning long hike because my right-side rib cage bothered me all night.  I took Tylenol at least four times yesterday, and it didn't seem to do much good.

Dr. K and I walked the Heelers up and down the arroyo beside our house so they could do their business and get some exercise.  Don't have to worry about them getting enough exercise, though, because a short while later they roughhoused frenetically in the backyard while Dr. K was out there trimming some Creosote Bushes.  The way they were lathered up and panting when they came back inside you'd have thought they were two thoroughbreds who had just run the Kentucky Derby.

Side yard looking toward the arroyo

New growth on a Cholla (notice where Packrats stripped bark)

Desert Willow beside the house

This and the next 2:  looks like a female or immature male Rufous Hummer



Desert Willow next to the house

A young Desert Willow I planted a few years back

Mesquite Tree on our property

Frio, Dr. K and my reflection

Frio and Willow

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the photos of the hummingbird on the desert willow flowers.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...