Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, May 25, 2020

Hiking on Memorial Day

Flank of Tortugas and the Organ Mountains
Monday Memorial Day Hike with Dr. K, Frio, Willow and me.  Same hike as yesterday.  It wasn't hot at all, primarily because of a light wind that kept the air circulating.

We encountered several other hikers out there this morning, the first a guy with a large dog that Frio barked at and Willow wanted to dismember.  The little girl Heeler is feisty as all get out, and it's really hard to restrain her.  Since my tumble I haven't been able to handle both dogs at the same time, so Dr. K has taken the lead with Willow.  I commiserate with Dr. K, knowing full well what a handful the little girl can be.  More training is definitely needed for Willow.

Despite the distraction a good time was had by all this morning.
Willow and Frio

Soaptree Yucca flower stalk

Up an arroyo

This and the next 2:  they've seen better days



This and the next:  Soaptree Yucca leaves


This and the next 2:  spent seed pods of the Soaptree Yucca

#2
3





1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the photos of the dried seed pods from the yuccas.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...