Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, June 14, 2021

Difference a Day Makes

At this time yesterday we could barely see the Organs
I may have to reassess my conclusion from yesterday that the bad air we were experiencing was dust trapped by a temperature inversion.  The reason is twofold:  the wind was coming in from the south today--where there are no forest fires--and Dr. K told me the air was bad during her entire drive up to Santa Fe yesterday morning.  Therefore it seems likely that we were getting smoke from the Gila and Arizona fires that was carried in on a northwesterly wind.

At any rate the air was good this morning, and my hiking companions and I appreciated it very much during our trek up to First Arroyo and back.  We saw nobody of the human or canine variety coming or going, but we did spot several Black-tailed Jackrabbits who rapidly transited the trail ahead of us on two different occasions.  Neither Willow nor Frio got especially riled at the nerve of those American Desert Hares.

Pretty sure that's an ant

View from First Arroyo

This & the next:  puffy little clouds


This & the next:  Frio and Willow in First Arroyo


Looking east at Tortugas Mountain

This is hell

 
Last 2:  Tortugas and the Organs


1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the second photo with the puffy white clouds.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...