Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Camera Phone Only

Heading down LDR-A
Left my Canon in the car this morning because it was sprinkling as we were about to emerge from the CR-V for our hike and I didn't want to deal with covering the camera.  So I used my cell phone camera, which is OK.

We encountered Mr. and Mrs. Big Hat on LDR, but Mr. wasn't wearing his big hat.  Mrs. was.  Willow and Frio were very well behaved when I greeted the hikers.

Although we trekked up to Second Arroyo and stopped in for a break we didn't drink any water because I didn't bring the daypack along due to the threat of rain.  We did get sprinkled on, but it wasn't enough precip to wet us.

Yesterday I spotted a few White-lined Sphinx Moth caterpillars, and today they seemed to be everywhere; conditions must be just right for them.

Leaning Barrel

Leaning Barrel buds

Heelers in Second Arroyo

This & the next 3:  scenes inside Second Arroyo




White-lined Sphinx moth larva

At first I thought yellow flowers were Hog Potato

White-lined Sphinx larvae are everywhere

More White-lined Sphinx larvae

Organs

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love that first photo when you're beginning to hike down LDR-A. The desert looks so gorgeous. Even the caterpillars are pretty. And of course the Heelers are adorable.

Views from the Grand View

Sacramentos We did the Grand View Trail this morning, surprised that nobody else was there on a Sunday morning.  We hiked the entire first l...