Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

An Old Stomping Grounds Trek

Cellular Shade Shadow
I took an old stomping grounds hike on the Sunset Side of Tortugas Mountain sans puppers this morning because Mr. Frio has a slight limp in his right front leg.  I examined it carefully several times and I can find no obvious problem; it's possible he strained it during our "play ball" session yesterday afternoon.

My trek today took me along a route that Becca and I hiked frequently over the years, and I even stopped at several spots where she used to lie down during our outings; and I reflected nostalgically about how much I still miss her after her death two-and-a-half years ago.

There were quite a few other hikers out with their dogs today, and I ran into several different outdoor enthusiasts.

This & next:  just west of Tortugas Mountain


Something (wind?) tipped this old Ocotillo over

Southwest flank of Tortugas

My guess is a marker for a drone

This & next:  old Torrey Yucca


Road to where?

Another ancient mesquite

Hard to guess when this old friend toppled

This & next:  desert biker


This & next 3:  interesting clouds




Desert Sumac, mountain and clouds

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

How nice to see these photos from the hike that you and Becca used to take daily for so many years. My favorite is the photo you called Road to Where?.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...