Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Now We're Talking Steamy

In the western foothills of Tortugas Mountain
All we needed for steam heat under current high humidity conditions was a full dose of sunshine.  We got it this morning.  Hope the last image doesn't offend readers, but when I first saw the scat pictured there it looked like coyote feces.  Then I saw the green grape-like object and figured it was a dog deposit from a canine who'd had grapes.  (Don't feed your dog grapes; they're potentially poisonous to canines.)  However, on closer visual inspection I find that I'm not so certain that is a grape.
On the down slope

Devil's Claw

What you do when you're hot in the desert (I don't)

Very hot dog

Rain Lily pods will soon burst open, expelling seeds

A little bushwhacking

Wandering through an Ocotillo forest

Tortugas from the west

Ocotillo loaded with leaves

Colorful Chihuahuan Desert

First thought:  coyote scat (but what's the green spherical object?)

3 comments:

Scott said...

I know I'm a pain in the butt, however the Rain Lily pods will soon burst open, DISPERSING seeds. Gotta' keep you honest, guy! :)
Stay cool; the temperatures here couldn't be more perfect (well, that probably jinxed things).

Dr. K said...

I could feel the heat just by looking at these photos. I'm not taking a guess on that green thing.

packrat said...

I've changed it to "expelling," Scott, which is what I meant; and yes, that was a "pain in the butt" comment to make.

:)

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...