Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Birds, Lizard, Rabbit and Hare

Auditioning to be Count Dracula
I had to hike solo this morning because Becca was limping pretty badly when we got up.  She's going to have to forego the morning hikes for a few days while we monitor her condition.  If she hasn't improved by tomorrow I'll probably ask our vet if Becca can have a prescription for Rimadyl.  Either way Becca will need to avoid desert hiking for a while.  As I've said the other times I've had to go without her:  hiking isn't as much fun without my constant canine companion.  I did run into my buddy Jimmy on the way back.  He was waiting for me on the road to the mountaintop while I climbed the single-track on the west side of Tortugas.  Jimmy had already been to the top and was heading back.  We walked and talked while returning to the trailhead.
You want a piece of this?

My innocent look

My fetching look

My yearbook photo

What's that growing over there?

Black-tailed Jackrabbit

The black tail

A difficult climb

Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown

Buffalo Bill's Defunct

Stairway to heaven

Dove apartment dwelling


This and the next three:  Loggerhead Shrike




Hard to ID at this angle

Could be a young New Mexico Whiptail

Coloration doesn't look right for a Whiptail

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Such cute critter photos today, Packrat. I especially like the ones of the rabbit.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...