Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Half-Hour Hike

Small butterfly on a Hairy False Goldenaster
Got Becca back on the trail west of Tortugas Mountain this morning, but only for thirty minutes.  I kept her on the lead the entire way to make sure she went slowly.  I saw no signs of limping out there, but when I gave her a treat upon arriving home she limped a little while hurrying away to eat it.  Yesterday I called the vet to get a prescription of the anti-inflammatory Rimadyl, and I picked it up at 10:00 a.m. today.
Could be a Clouded Sulphur

Sisters

Good place to live?

Looking across to the western flank of Tortugas Mountain

Switchback trail to the mountaintop

See the road to the transmission tower?

Stingleaf

Stingleaf

There's a dog's ear in this photo

Interesting clouds

Becca in the patio enclosure

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Considering you took such a short hike, you were able to get some good photos. I especially like the one with Becca's ear.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...