Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Rainout

Looking south out the "cabin" window
It was raining when we got up this morning, and it's been raining ever since.  Becca and I had to forego our morning trek completely.  Instead we packed up and headed, along with Dr. K, to our place in the Sacramento Mountains, driving all the way here in a rainstorm.  While Dr. K and Becca stayed inside I unpacked everything in the rain, carried stuff into the mud room and left it for Dr. K to put away.  Everything was so discombobulated at the start that I forgot to bring my travel kit along.  Now I have to floss with vines growing on our property and brush with Becca's toothbrush.  For deodorant I'll rub sumac leaves on my armpits, and I'll comb my hair with pine cones.
Steady rain over the Sacramentos

Poor Becca:  no hike today

Soggy mountain getaway

One of my old acrylic paintings:  "White House Ruins" (1998)

Another acrylic effort:  "Aravaipa Canyon" (1998)

Dining room/kitchen combo

Might have to put on a log or two to take the chill off

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Packrat, you'll be a real mountain man while up here.

Trio and then Solo

Very early moon The three of us did an early morning hike on our usual route, but the cold wind kept us from adding any extra distance.  We ...