Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, January 1, 2018

A Cold Front

Becca always looks for hikers on the road to the mountaintop
The cold front that blew in last night brought colder conditions and haze with it.  Our high temperature today is slated to be 53F, about twenty degrees cooler than yesterday.  The difference was quite apparent when Becca and I were trekking west of Tortugas Mountain; I never removed any layers of clothing, kept my gloves on when I was taking photographs, and I took fewer photos because I didn't want to remove my gloves.  Keep in mind that the temp was 29F when we were hiking around the mountain.  Didn't see many outdoor enthusiasts when we started out early, but later, when we returned to the trailhead, there were quite a few vehicles parked in the Sunset Area lot.
Nary a leaf on these Ocotillos

The cold front brought in hazy conditions

Becca and a Soaptree Yucca

Road to Tortugas

Dave Clark Five

Seed pods

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

A hike is a perfect way to start the new year, Packrat. Happy new year to all!

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...