Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Trending Up

Wide arroyo west of the mountain
Although it was cold this morning it wasn't as brutal as yesterday, which turned out to be 16F.  Again, fortunately, the wind was not a problem.  I was able to lower the hood on my coat and take off my ear band about midway through our trek.  We're headed for a high of 55F today and the mid-60s tomorrow.  There were a few more hearty outdoor enthusiasts around the mountain, including JC and Olivia who we spoke to for fifteen or twenty minutes.  I say "we" even though Becca didn't participate in the conversation.  She was extremely excited to greet our two Alaskan pals, though.
Soaptree Yucca in an arroyo

Barrel Cactus, Torrey Yucca, Organ Mountains

Becca, her shadow and mine

Flank of Tortugas and the Organs

Yucca and Tortugas Mountain

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Packrat, I like the photo of your shadow and Becca's shadow.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...