Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Far Side Fun

I'm guessing Black-chinned Hummingbird
Becca and I headed for the far side of the mountain this morning knowing the near side would be crowded; it was.  We did a nice long hike out of the Monte Vista area, and when we were almost done we ran into our buddy Jimmy.  He and I stood talking for almost half an hour it seemed.  When Becca and I passed the Sunset Area on our drive back home it was absolutely packed:  full parking lot and cars lined up on both sides of the entrance road.  I don't know what was going on, but I was thankful we were not part of it.
Shaming those Ocotillo spikes

Moon over mountain 1

Moon over mountain 2

Moon over mountain 3

Becca is a happy trekker

Carefully scounting up the mountain

Carefully scouting down the mountain

Becca near the round house rock ruins

Strawberry Hedgehog blossom

This and the next two:  Scott's Oriole



Apache Plume flower

Apache Plume flower

Apache Plume plumes

Becca in a deep arroyo

Same arroyo

My first sighting of Yucca Sasquatch

Or is it a Biblical prophet figure?

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Packrat, I noticed that your last 2 photos of her Becca is in the shade, which she is always seeking out in warm weather.

The Wilster and Me

Organ Mountains from Baylor Canyon Road We had to wait for a plumber from Sun City Plumbing to change out the hose bib next to the garage; f...