Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Progress

Spotted Towhee
Another early long hike by myself this morning; Becca is still on the mend.  However, she is making progress; even when she moves fairly quickly her limp has become almost unnoticeable.  I'm keeping her off trail for at least another three days, and if her limp is gone by then I'll slowly rehabilitate her by taking very short hikes.  I've also put her on a diet, thinking it will only help if she drops a few pounds.  I'm going to try joining in by dropping some weight myself.
Usually see these birds at higher elevation

I had to enhance this image because of blemish (see top two photos)

Tall Ocotillo west of Tortugas Mountain

Sun through an Ocotillo on an arroyo bank

Sun through a Soaptree Yucca

White-winged Dove (Zenaida asiatica)

Soaptree Yucca (and another in the distance)

Bishop Cap in the distance

Another Soaptree Yucca/Bishop Cap combo

Loggerhead Shrike

Not sure what this chubby airplane is 

Fallen Soaptree Yucca flowers

Fallen flowers on Soaptree Yucca leaves

Becca exploring our backyard

Looking for a place to conduct business

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I especially like the photo with the reddish sunlight being filtered through the yucca leaves.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...