Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Turn Down the Heat, Please

Cholla flower
Had to get another early start this morning to beat the heat.  Yesterday at the Farm & Ranch Museum (not far from where we hike) it hit 106F.  I believe it was 99F at the airport.  We're headed for another scorcher today, and Becca and I got in a nice long hike before it became too toasty.  Thank god, too, for a nice breeze that helped evaporate perspiration.  I've yet to discover whether a breeze helps with extra cooling for a panting dog.  Regardless, I made sure Becca got plenty of water and several shade breaks.
Baby Gambel's Quail

Mama and baby quail

This morning's moon

Skirting the mountain

Cactus Wren

♫ Like the pine trees lining the winding road, I got a name, I got a name ♫

Heating up

Strawberry Hedgehogs, Ocotillos, Prickly Pears and Torrey Yuccas

Soaptree Yucca flower stalk

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

What cute photos of the mother quail and her little one.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...