Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Hot With a Hot Wind

A familiar song got me interested
Even though Becca and I started out early this morning it was already hot and humid.  To make matters worse there was (and still is) a hot wind raking the desert floor.  Something is obviously blowing in, and I believe we have a chance of rain.  We sure need it.  Because of the weather conditions we kept the hike relatively short today, in part because I had to do some housework when we got home.  A significant cold front is supposed to push through overnight, dropping the temperature from the century mark to a briskly cool 98F.  Whoopee.
I couldn't get a decent view

Best I could do of the Desert Cardinal

Three of an Ash-throated Flycatcher



The Beckster leading the way

Haven't seen an Ocotillo flower in quite a while

So this morning I saw two

Looks like a small Rainbow Hedgehog Cactus

Imagine playing ping-pong with Prickly Pear Cactus paddles

B&W flycatcher

RGB flycatcher

Night-blooming Cereus

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I hope the night-blooming cereus blooms sometime this summer; it's such a beautiful--and ephemeral--flower.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...