Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, November 14, 2019

A Bit Beyond the Hump

Starting off this morning I had the distinct sensation of being watched
Got a 7:45 a.m. start this morning on a trek west of Tortugas Mountain.  I easily went twice as far as yesterday because I was feeling better.  Didn't see anybody out where I was hiking, but ran into my buddy Jimmy on my way back in; he was standing at the side of the road to the mountaintop talking on his phone.

He and I had a long chat about various subjects before parting ways.  He headed to the top of Tortugas and I drove over to Albertsons to pick up a few foodstuffs I wasn't able to purchase on Tuesday--my normal shopping day--because I was too sick to do the grocery shopping then.

Miraculously, Albertsons wasn't very crowded and I was in and out in less than half an hour.  Still managed to spend $50, though.
Along the arroyo west of the mountain

Further west of the mountain

This and the next:  House Finch in yucca


Even further west of the mountain

Looking west, more or less

Levels

What is this--Ocotillo still in bloom in mid-November?

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Maybe that's a freak ocotillo that blooms year round?

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...