Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, November 11, 2019

Cool Yet Humid

Yesterday's sunset
Had to shorten my morning trek a bit (even though I got an extra early start) because I have to drive down to El Paso this afternoon to see the eye doctor for a routine checkup.  Hate driving to and through the big city--and it's not even that big!

Ran into Tracey and her dog, George, this morning, and hiked with them for a quarter mile or so before parting company.  On my way back in I bumped into my pal Jimmy, and he and I stood talking for a short while.  I explained to him I was pressed for time due to an eye appointment down at The Pass.  Jimmy knows all about driving there, and we commiserated a bit about having to motor through the city of El Paso.
This and the next 2:  sky at start



Sun on the Robledos

Following this road

Flank of Tortugas and the Organs

Doing a little bushwhacking

Sun on the Organs

Ocotillos and Torrey Yuccas

Torrey Yucca

Franklin Mountains near El Paso

The road northwest

Soaptree Yuccas

This and the next:  Desert Cottontail


Ocotillos and yuccas

Following the single-track

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

What a lovely photo of yesterday's sunset. Cute photos of the rabbit, too.

Very Early Solo with Wils

Headed down LDR-A Because I had to drive Dr. K across town for an eye exam at 9 this morning Willow and I hit the trail at 7.  It was 55F an...