Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, July 31, 2022

A Trudge

Little Acacia
Not a good hike today:  hot, humid, Heelers pulling this way and that.  I would have been anxious to get the trek over with except I knew I had to climb up on the roof when we got home to see if I could discover the source of our evaporative cooler leak and repair it.

The problem with our barely two-year-old MasterCool II was a broken reservoir plug, which I was able to replace because, miraculously, I happened to have a new one I'd bought years ago.  Otherwise I'd have had to make an emergency run to Home Depot for a new part.

After working on the roof in the blazing sun for about an hour I feel slightly drained now.

Willow and Frio

Accidental Organ photo

Swainson's Hawk

Raptor Xray

Leaning Barrel Cactus

Long view down the right branch

Last 2:  Tortugas and the Organs


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the Raptor Xray.

Views from the Grand View

Sacramentos We did the Grand View Trail this morning, surprised that nobody else was there on a Sunday morning.  We hiked the entire first l...