Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Awful Not Brutal

View from LDR-A arroyo
Once Willow, Frio and I got started this morning it didn't take long to realize it was awfully out there; last night's rain left behind high humidity, the sun beat down on us, and there was nary a breeze to ameliorate the heat.

We took lots of shade breaks along our normal route, and nobody seemed in a hurry to get back into the sun once we found a good shadow.

I was unable to get a decent photo of the Swainson's Hawk I spotted perched atop a Soaptree Yucca stalk because it was too distant, and I couldn't steady my hold on the camera enough to zoom in sufficiently.

Crossing from Left Branch to Right Branch arroyo

Looking north in Left Branch Arroyo

This & next:  Ocotillo and Tortugas Mountain


This & next:  Swainson's Hawk


Frio and Willow in Middle Branch Arroyo yucca shadow

Yucca fruit

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Frio and Willow sure do know how to make the most of that Yucca's slim shadow.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...