Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Hawk or No Hawk?

Spectaclepod
Dr. K, Willow, Frio and I did our regular hike this morning; just as we were starting down LDR-A we saw the Basset people and their hounds in the distance bushwhacking westward through the desert.

I wondered as we were descending LDR-A arroyo if any hawks were around, and we (Dr. K and I) were delighted to see one atop a yucca on the ridge west of the Organ Mountains; of course we wouldn't be able to get close to it so I did the best I could in photographing it.

Yuccas and Claret Cups are still blooming so I'm still taking photos of them and posting the images.

Hawk

Looks like the same Swainson's I photographed yesterday

This & next 3:  magnificent Torrey Yucca




Willow, Frio and 20% of Dr. K

Claret Cup

Willow and Frio

About 10 buds to go

The rest:  yuccas in bloom



 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the photos of the truly magnificent Torrey Yucca.

Another Swainson's Hawk Bushwhack

1st 2:  pair of Swainson's Hawks We did a long hike this morning, bushwhacking out of the left branch arroyo over toward 4210 hill where...