Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, April 3, 2023

Same Raptor, Same Spot

Artsy Red-tailed Hawk on yucca
We got an early start on our morning hike today, and all involved--Dr. K, Willow, Frio and me--had a good outing.

We saw the Basset Hounds with their two people descending LDR-A while we were headed up the left branch arroyo; they were the only hounds and humans we spotted during our exploration.

I photographed what I thought to be the same raptor on the same yucca I photographed yesterday, but now I'm uncertain of several things.  Did I erroneously ID yesterday's hawk as a Swainson's when it was, instead, a Red-tailed, or is today's hawk a light morph Swainson's?  I'm inclined to believe I misidentified yesterday's raptor, and the one I photographed today is, indeed, the same bird--a Red-tailed Hawk.

This & next 2:  Red-tailed Hawk



Torrey Yucca

Mormon Tea

Frio and Willow

I keep photographing this yucca

Last 2:  Claret Cup Cactus


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

That Red-tailed Hawk is a majestic bird.

Another Swainson's Hawk Bushwhack

1st 2:  pair of Swainson's Hawks We did a long hike this morning, bushwhacking out of the left branch arroyo over toward 4210 hill where...