Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Desert Hike 1 and 2

This & next:  Swainson's Hawk atop Torrey Yucca
Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning:  down LDR-A arroyo, right toward the Organ Mountains on the east/west cross trail, up the left branch arroyo, down the middle branch, and, finally, up the right branch and out over the steep hill to the west.

After we got home I decided to do another hike in order to deal with the ongoing pain I feel at the loss of our boy, Frio.  The outing made me feel even worse because I visited many of the old stomping grounds that we (Frio, Willow and me) trekked in every morning for years because Dr. K was still teaching at UTEP.  I just kept remembering how happy Frio was to be out and about in the desert.


Looking west

Willow bushwhacking

This & next:  Claret Cups


Long dirt road

Inside First Arroyo

Barrel Cactus

This & next 8:  Torrey Yuccas beginning to bloom









Find the bee butt


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the 2nd photo of the Torrey Yucca in bloom.

Midweek Trek

1st 11 images:  Swainson's Hawk atop Torrey Yucca We did our normal hike this morning, adding extra distance by bushwhacking over toward...