Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break
Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of metatarsalgia, especially in the right foot.  Nevertheless, it seemed incumbent upon me to take Willow and Dr. K out into the desert for the daily trek.

Surprisingly my right foot seemed better when we got back, and now I'm convinced I have to hike with my orthotics in my Keen boots from now on.  I'll keep monitoring my feet before deciding when, and if, we'll take a trip to the high country soon.

We saw nobody else out there while we made the rounds.


Desert Cardinal

Swainsy

Willow leading the pack

Last 4:  the same Western Kingbird, a flycatcher




 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love the second image of the Western Kingbird.

Midweek Trek

1st 11 images:  Swainson's Hawk atop Torrey Yucca We did our normal hike this morning, adding extra distance by bushwhacking over toward...