Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Dunderheadedness

Steep slope of the mountain
I was about two-thirds of the way through our long hike this morning before I realized I was sleepwalking.  Well, not literally--but you know what I mean.  I'm not sure if it's because of the allergies I've been suffering from lately, but when I woke up this morning I felt as if I hadn't really awoken.  Just going through the motions.  Did I have something good for breakfast?  How was the drive over to the mountain?  Did any critters cross paths with us during the trek?  Just kidding about these latter things, but that's the way I felt.  Becca, on the other paw, was her ever-curious self.
On the alert

Dun-colored desert

Off road to take care of business

Water for the desert

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I felt that way yesterday, too. Only Becca was alert.

Views from the Grand View

Sacramentos We did the Grand View Trail this morning, surprised that nobody else was there on a Sunday morning.  We hiked the entire first l...