Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, October 20, 2014

After a Heavy Downpour

We got blasted with rain again last night--wind, thunder, lightning--the whole ball of wax.  There was so much wax we were making candles.  It rained hard for hours, then began tapering off about 10:30 pm.  This morning there were a lot of puddles about, and the ground around Tortugas Mountain was wet and muddy in places.  Becca and I did a slightly abbreviated hike.  Later Dr. K and I went to vote.  We always like to vote early in order to avoid the lines on election day.  The guy I chose for the gubernatorial position is just about the most uncharismatic politician I've ever seen.  Sadly, I think Susana Martinez will be reelected.



1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I really like the last photo with the clouds hovering over the foothills of the mountains.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...