Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, March 17, 2017

A Good Laugh

Desert Marigold
Becca and I were headed back on the trail that leads to the upper foothills and, as usual, she was in the lead--but not by much.  I saw her stop a few feet from a bush when a Desert Cottontail stormed out of it.  While Becca was watching, astonished that it had been so close to her, another--equally close--blew out of the bush.  I wish I could have taken a photograph of the look on Becca's face; it was priceless.  I got a good laugh out of that incident, which shows how pathetic my life is--guffawing aloud when my dog got punked by cottontails.
Claret Cup Hedgehog Cactus

Claret Cup

Closer look at this grouping

This thing is fixing to break out all over

Don't fall in there

Becca heading southwest on a dirt road

Wild yucca party

Which mythical beast does this section of yucca resemble?

Claret Cup profile

Soaptree Yucca skirt is made of dried, wilted leaves

Ferocious Desert Cottontail

Don't mess with the wild rabbit

Looks like Fendler's Bladderpod

Bicolor fanmustard/bee

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I wish I could have seen Becca's face when those rabbits jetted past her.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...