Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, May 15, 2017

A First

The Parry's Agave I've been monitoring nearest the upper foothills trail
After Becca and I did an abbreviated hike this morning--because I had to get back to shower before heading for Target and Albertsons--I started into the garage to get something, and just when I opened the door there was a snake on the stoop just inside.  It was a small Sonoran Gopher Snake, perhaps 1 1/2 to 2 feet long.  I spent the next half hour gently coaxing it with a broom to exit the garage, which it eventually did.  That is the first time since we've lived here (1997) that we've had a snake in the garage.  Can't imagine how the little beauty got in there.
I keep hoping it will bloom soon

The buds have looked like this for nearly a week

Down the rocky trail to the lower desert

Early morning run

Across a deep barranca to the flank of Tortugas and the Organ Mountains

Lone runner in the Chihuahuan Desert

Tortugas (left) and the Organ Mountains

About ready to head back up the mountain when . . .

. . . Becca spots a mountain biker and his dog

Northern Chihuahuan Desert scene

Break in the shade of an Ocotillo

What--we have to climb all the way back up there?

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

A pleasant but uneventful hike, but then some reptile excitement when you came home. .

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...